AC Technician Job Description and Profile
AC technicians or air conditioning technicians are often known as the HVACR technicians and they carry out the function of installing, maintaining and repairing of the air-conditioning, ventilation, heating, and the refrigeration systems. This professional can work in diverse settings – residential, industrial and commercial settings. Though they are trained in all the functions pertaining to air conditioning systems like installation, maintenance and repair they might specialize in one of them in accordance to their choice. Such a professional can be recruited by a company or they might function independently.
AC Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing the blueprints, installing AC, testing the systems in order to ensure that they are properly functioning.
- Conducting all types of emergency repairs, maintaining the important tools, ordering requisite supplies, and carrying out routine adjustments with the aim of maximizing the operational efficiency.
- Recording the important data when inspecting the AC systems like that of temperature of equipment, hours of function, fuel consumption etc.
- Recovering and properly disposing of the refrigerants while carrying out the servicing of the air conditioning equipment for the refrigerants is highly harmful to environment.
- Selling service contracts to the clients with the aim of ensuring long-term customer relationships.
- Diagnosing and fixing problems which are found in the air conditioning systems whilst dealing with them.
- Testing the system performance with the aim of diagnosing the air conditioning properly by making use of special equipments like that of laptop computers, hand tools, and other diagnostic hardware.
AC Technician Education, Training and Qualifications
A high school diploma is imperative but what matters more than a formal degree is training in this field. Whether it is on-job training or a certification course, the professional has to receive the requisite training in order to function in this field.
AC Technician Degrees, Courses & Certifications
AC technicians need to hold GED or high school diploma. There are number of vocational schools which offer training in this field. The certification courses in this profession generally train professionals the doctrine of air-conditioning installation, repair, maintenance etc.
AC Technician Skills and Specifications
- Working in hazardous situations like extreme heat, dust, fumes etc
- Great physical stamina and strength needed for crawling, stooping, bending etc
- Good deal of idea about installation, maintenance and repair of air conditions.
- Problem solving abilities and great diagnostic skills
AC Technician Salary/Wage
The average salary of an AC Technician is about $ 50,000 per annum. If they work independently, their payment would vary in accordance to the size and nature of their project.
Category: Technician Job Descriptions