Account sales support professionals provide assistance to the members of the sales team of the company. They must have an excellent clerical and keyboard skill as they are mostly involved in clerical jobs and also the additional duty of assisting the sales representatives. At assistant level, their main duties include answering phone calls for sales representatives, answering email enquiries, Account Management and faxing data and some basic bookkeeping responsibilities. They also coordinate various works within the department and train those working under them.
An efficient sales support professional manages quality customer service and assist the sales team meet its targets. He should have good command over latest market strategies and techniques to ensure his team’s smooth operations. He should be self-driven and motivated to keep his team members in high spirits. He should have good multi-tasking ability and organizational qualities for smooth operation of his team. He should be capable of handling work stress as there is always pressure to meet targets and finish work within deadlines.
Account Sales Support Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of an Account Sales Support administrator are as follows:
- Assist sales teams in managing clients’ accounts.
- Handle client issues and resolve any technical and product queries.
- Prepare order and delivery reports for customers.
- Arrange appointments for sales team and management and provide assistance whenever necessary.
- Communicate with manufacturing departments to fix delivery dates.
- Provide all concerned information to customers wherever necessary.
- Perform administrative duties in certain occasions.
- Maintain coordination among departments such as accounts, purchasing and dispatch.
- Use market research skills and sales surveys to improve sales prospects of the company.
- Provide quality customer services to customers.
Account Sales Support Skills and specifications
The required skills and specifications for an account sales support professional are listed below:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Enthusiastic and efficient.
- Good Administrative, clerical and record-keeping skills.
- Motivated and goal oriented.
- Must have an eye for detail.
- Multi-tasking capability.
- Must have excellent knowledge about sales procedures and customer services.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Efficiency in dealing and handling sensitive information.
- Ability to work with ease under pressure.
Account Sales Support Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for an account sales support administrator are listed below:
- Must have at least a bachelor’s degree in the concerned field.
- Must have an experience certificate from an affiliated institution.
Account Sales Support Salary
An account sales support receives an annual package of $40,000-50,000 depending on the industry.
Category: Account Job Descriptions