Account Specialist Job Profile and Description
An Account Specialist has a variety of technical and specialized clerical, accounting and bookkeeping functions. The job entails being in charge of transactions in specialized accounting and bookkeeping functions. The Account Specialist is also in charge of supervising junior clerical staff. Looks for and maintains contact with current and prospective key accounts already in the business. Recommending modifications on products and services that are already in the business. The job will also need one to research and provide feedback on the current market trends for sales forecasting.
Account Specialist Skills and Specifications
- Prepare and verification of invoices, requisitions and complex journal and ledger entries
- Coordination and supervision of junior staff.
- Maintaining of special log books, ledgers, balances, reconciling of accounts and records for internal audits.
- Maintain internal account and ensure there are enough funds to run the day to day businesses of the company.
- Calculation of accounting functions and related postings.
- Be the main contact for customers renewing their contracts.
- Make financial arrangements for payments of clients’ accounts.
- Provide solutions for internal problems and recommend changes in internal running of the business where necessary.
- Help existing clients to higher levels in their businesses.
- Perform audits on accounts and ensure there is an accuracy and right payment.
- Communicate directly with existing account holders in the business.
- Calculate and quote prices for products and services.
Account Specialist Job Education and Qualifications
- Degree in Business Administration.
- Three to five years related practice and experience in an accounts department.
- Equivalent combination of experience or education in the above skills and requirements.
- Good background in Mathematical and record keeping.
- Knowledge of Accounting and bookkeeping practices and principles.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office, Database entry and Database use.
Account Specialist Salary.
- Account Specialist salary ranges between $ 65,000-$75,000.
Category: Account Job Descriptions