Accountant trainee Job Profile and Description
A trainee accountant gets exposure to the world of finance accounting and an opportunity to gather technical proficiency and commercial awareness. He may be initially asked to study sales analysis, assist with the month end process, and commercially evaluate the fundamentals with existing relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Trainee accountants must help the finance manager with annual accounts and supporting schedules
- He should also assist in the preparation of annual accounts and statutory returns of associated companies
- He may have to help with the annual budgets
- He has to prepare the monthly management accounts and supporting schedules which include accruals and prepayment schedules
- He has to learn about monthly management information
- He has to prepare departmental fee income progress reports
- He must be proficient in the maintenance of cashbooks
- He has to assist in payroll processing
- He also has to provide the firms’ bankers with management information
- He should attend monthly team meetings and learn from different departments
- He must help maintain and improve the firm’s accounting systems and controls
Skills and Specifications
- A trainee interested in this field must be extremely good with numbers and should pay attention to details
- He should be organised and give importance to accuracy and verification
- He should be proficient in basic accounting functions
- He should have knowledge of tally and other technical knowledge of the basic software
- Good written and oral communication skills are also required
- It is a demanding job and the trainee must be able to deal with pressure and stress.
Education and Qualifications
Trainee accountants may enroll in institutes which provide courses in chartered accountancy and must clear the exams. A bachelor’s or doctoral degree in commerce with specialisation in finance and accountancy also are good options to make a career in this field.
Category: Trainee Job Descriptions