Accounting Generalist Job Profile and Description
An accounting generalist is an individual who works for the finance or accounting department of a company and assists the department in all its duties and responsibilities. An accounting generalist is responsible for tracking consumption and utility, preparing bank deposits, reconciliation of bank statements, analysis of profits and losses and analysis of the accounts etc.
This position comes with many tasks and duties and hence only a perfectly educated and experienced candidate can get the job. An accounting generalist is a very integral part of the accounting department and must have strong base of finance. The detailed accounting generalist job description is given as follows:
Accounting Generalist Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the various job duties and responsibilities of an accounting generalist:
- It is the duty of an accounting generalist to maintain a log of utility consumption and create batches for payments etc as well.
- Another duty of an accounting generalist is to maintain and prepare accounting files and create basic data entry journals etc as well.
- It is the responsibility of an accounting generalist to reconcile the bank accounts and account statements etc properly.
- Another duty involves an accounting generalist to perform the analysis of various accounts and maintain schedules as required and requested.
- It is the task of an accounting generalist to backup the accounts payable and track postage usage etc.
Accounting Generalist Skills and Specifications
The skills which are required by a person to become an accounting generalist in a company are given as follows:
- An accounting generalist must be excellent at accounting and finance.
- He/she must have analytical skills and exceptional communication skills and managerial qualities.
- An accounting generalist must be accurate in data entry and checking.
- He/she must also be good at computers and programs.
- Hardworking nature, diligence and ability to work for long hours are the other skills required.
Accounting Generalist Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for an Accounting generalist are given below:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is a mandatory requirement for an accounting generalist.
- Diploma course in accounting or financial management can also prove to be helpful for anyone who wants to be an accounting generalist.
Accounting Generalist Salary
Any person working as an accounting generalist is expected to earn an annual median salary of $64000. This may depend upon the skills and experience of the candidate.
Category: Account Job Descriptions