Accounting Technician Job Description and Profile
Accounting Technician works in the financial division of insurance companies providing various taxation and accountancy services to various small and medium sized businesses. Accounting technicians may work in health care service providing companies by handling accounting duties. In general, they start working in the finance or accounts departments of organizations in commerce, industry, or any public sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with the completion of accounts and managing the employee payroll.
- Receiving invoices and scheduling the payments for utilities and services such as landscaping, janitorial, equipment, and office supply and food service.
- Receiving and finalizing invoices and at times handling the basic book keeping tasks.
- Monitoring company and staff expenses, controlling budgets and accounting for resources.
- Entering financial transactions and reviewing accounts to ensure that the entries are suitable and balance out.
- Liaising with other employees in the field and writing reports.
- Auditing internal and external work and looking after all budgets, financial transactions, and payroll.
- Entering, revising, sorting, calculating and creating tables using spreadsheet software.
- Providing advice on budgets, taxation issues, and calculating accounts at the end of a year.
- Identifying account discrepancies and attempting to address the problem.
- Receiving and disbursing purchase orders, bills of lading, and travel orders.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to work using Microsoft Office suite.
- Good accounting, mathematics, and interpersonal skills.
- Should be able to liaise efficaciously with all users.
- Ability to organize, schedule and execute tasks effectively.
- Ability to reason-out and analyze logical steps.
- Ability to work on your own under fast paced intense conditions.
Education and Qualifications
- Associate’s degree in accounting related field from an accredited institution.
- Certification in accounting field is an added advantage.
Category: Technician Job Descriptions