Acupuncturist Job Profile and Description
The profession of acupuncturist is all about handling the process of manipulating needles in the concerned areas of the body treating many ailments. This is known as alternate health care treatment. Contrary to the popular belief it is completely harmless and painless. An acupuncturist provides specialized treatments for relieving almost all types of pains.
Acupuncturist Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Adequate knowledge about the different anatomical points of the human body.
- Well versed with his work.
- Assuring proper diagnosis and analysis before prescribing or recommending a treatment.
- Discussing the diagnosis with other experienced acupuncturists too for a second opinion and suggestions an acupuncturist’s responsibility is to decide the size and count of needles to be in inserted human body for treatment.
- Recognizing 365 acupuncture points in human body.
- Educating the patients about the benefits and risk factors if any due to this treatment.
Acupuncturist Skills and Specifications
- Needs to be flexible with timings as medical emergencies may require this.
- Acupuncturists must be empathetic towards the patients and prepare them mentally for undergoing the treatment. Explaining them about the benefits of this treatment would surely help the patients get an encouragement to undergo it.
- Keeping utmost hygiene and teaching his team to inculcate this habit too.
- Acupuncture specialist should have the knowledge of nursing too.
- Needs to have exception acupuncture skills for better results and benefits.
Acupuncturist Education and Qualification
- Must be a graduate(Preferably in acupuncture)
- Should have a Masters in Acupuncture for 2 years.
- Should have compulsory training from a recognized health institute or hospital.
- Salary depends on the years of experience, the employer; whether you are on a contract basis or not, women are preferred as they are considered to be more patient and friendly to make patients feel comfortable before, during and after the acupuncture sessions. In this sector organizations have offered a starting salary of $45,000 to $65,000.
Category: Banking Job Descriptions