Administrative assistant clerk Job Profile and Description
Without the help of clerks and assistants, no office place would be able to function smoothly and achieve its day to day targets and goals. Administrative assistant clerks are those clerks who act as assistants to administrative level employees and assist them in day to day management of the office or the workplace.
Any person working at this position is responsible for working as per the instructions of the seniors but their main duty is to handle clerical tasks such as book keeping, maintaining records, updating database among others. To know more about the role of an administrative assistant clerk, you can go through the following given information:
Administrative assistant clerk Duties and Responsibilities
The following are some of the most important duties and responsibilities of an administrative assistant clerk:
- Any person working as an administrative assistant clerk in an office setting or in a company is responsible for data entry duties, maintenance of accounts, entering billing information in books, filing important documents and operating the company’s database system.
- Answering phone calls, responding to emails, sending packages are also some of the responsibilities of an administrative assistant clerk.
- It is the responsibility of an administrative assistant clerk to make travel arrangements like bookings and reservations for company guests and for seniors traveling out.
- Some other duties include getting photocopies, printing documents, writing reports and making presentations.
Administrative assistant clerk Skills and Specifications
An administrative assistant clerk must possess a certain skill set. The following are some of the important skills he/she must possess:
- Any person who is an administrative assistant clerk must have good organization skills and managerial qualities.
- He/she must have good correspondence and communication skills and should be quick to respond to queries, requests and instructions.
- Having knowledge of computer equipments, software, fax machines, photocopy machines and other equipments used in the office is also a requirement.
- He/she must be dedicated, focussed and diligent.
Administrative assistant clerk Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements of an administrative assistant clerk are given as follows:
- An administrative assistant clerk must possess atleast associate or bachelor’s degree in any field, preferably related to business or management.
- Pursuing computer courses or accounting courses can prove helpful for working at this position.
Administrative assistant clerk Salary
The average annual salary earned by an administrative assistant clerk is around $30000. This figure may vary depending upon the skill set and work profile of the candidate.
Category: Administration Job Descriptions