Administrative Generalist Job Profile and Description
An administrative generalist is an individual whose job is similar to that of an administrative technician or executive. Any person who is employed at the position of an administrative generalist looks after the various administrative tasks such as maintaining office files, keeping track of office expenditures, analysis of office paperwork, organisation etc.
Basically, an administrative generalist is responsible for handling day to day activities of the work place to ensure that everything runs smoothly and without any errors etc. To become an administrative generalist, one needs to satisfy certain eligibility criteria and also possess certain skills and educational requirements. The following is a detailed job description of an administrative generalist.
Administrative Generalist Duties and Responsibilities
This position comes with its share of several job duties and responsibilities. A few of these duties etc have been given below.
- Any person working as an administrative generalist is required to supervise the office related job duties such as maintenance of files, keeping track of office stationary, maintaining expenditure records etc.
- It is the responsibility of an administrative generalist to train new staff members who belong to the administrative department of the company.
- Another duty of an administrative generalist is to see to the fact that all the activities in the office are being carried out in accordance with the set orders and policies.
- He/she must also understand issues, resolve problems and keep the office place functions smooth.
Administrative Generalist Skills and Specifications
The following are the various skills and specifications which are needed by an individual who is working as an administrative generalist:
- An administrative generalist must be extremely good with organisation and book keeping.
- Excellent managerial skills, leadership qualities and good communication skills are also required by an administrative generalist.
- Computer skills and general diligence at the workplace are the other qualities which any administrative generalist must have.
Administrative Generalist Education and Qualification
To become an administrative generalist, an individual must satisfy certain educational qualifications and these are given as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration is a must for anyone who wants to become an administrative generalist.
- If a candidate has pursued graduation in any other related subject and then gained experience of administration through training or diploma then he/she too can be eligible for the job.
Administrative Generalist Salary
On an average, any administrative generalist is expected to earn an annual median salary of $57000.
Category: Administration Job Descriptions