Administrative office clerk Job Profile and Description
An administrative office clerk is an individual who is hired within an office space and is responsible for performing clerical duties. These individuals provide support to the office by handling several tasks which make the everyday and root level functioning of the office easy.
Some of the duties and responsibilities of an administrative office clerk include maintaining paperwork, answering calls, sending mails, preparing presentations and reports, scheduling appointments and meetings and working as per the instructions of the executives. To become an administrative office clerk, a person must fulfil several educational and skill related requirements. The following is a detail of the administrative office clerk job description.
Administrative office clerk Duties and Responsibilities
An administrative office clerk must perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- An administrative office clerk must receive and answer phone calls, send and receive emails, send faxes and courier packages.
- He/she must do data entry tasks, prepare reports and enter information into computer database programs.
- An administrative office clerk is also responsible for scheduling meetings and fixing appointments.
- Another duty of an administrative office clerk is to make sure that all the office tasks are well managed and are running smoothly.
- Doing basic accounting tasks and performing basic research etc. are also some of the responsibilities of an administrative office clerk.
Administrative office clerk Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications needed to become an administrative office clerk are given as follows:
- An administrative office clerk must be extremely attentive, focussed and dedicated.
- He/she should be able to work well with computer software, programs and database systems.
- He/she must possess good organizational skills, coordination abilities and managerial abilities.
- An administrative office clerk must good written and oral communication skills and must possess leadership abilities as well.
- Some other skills which an office clerk must possess are technical knowledge, problem solving abilities and multi-tasking skills.
Administrative office clerk Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements of an administrative office clerk are given as follows:
- Associate degree or program in business administration or a course in accounting is a compulsory requirement.
- Apart from this, an administrative office clerk can pursue course in computer programs or financial accounting.
Administrative office clerk Salary
The salary of an administrative office clerk may differ for different work spaces but on an average, anyone working at this position can expect to earn an annual median income of $28000.
Category: Administration Job Descriptions