Administrative office manager Job Profile and Description
Every office space or company needs a manager who can manage and administer the activities that take place within the office. For this, an office manager or an administrative office manager is to be hired. An administrative office manager is an individual who not only coordinates the activities of the various employee of the office but also makes sure that all tasks and departments are running smoothly.
Day to day administration, cleanliness and overall maintenance of the office is also part of the job profile of an administrative office manager. The following is a detailed description of the job profile of anyone who is working as an administrative office manager.
Administrative office manager Duties and Responsibilities
An administrative office manager must fulfil the following given list of job duties and responsibilities:
- Management of office operations like smooth functioning of departments and overall maintenance is one of the major duties of an administrative office manager.
- It is the responsibility of an administrative office manager to make sure that all employees are working smoothly and that there are no problems whatsoever in coordination and functions.
- An administrative office manager is also responsible for cleanliness of the office, proper electrical maintenance, supply and inventory management and maintenance of office property.
- He/she must also assist higher level executives in reaching day to day goals.
Administrative office manager Skills and Specifications
An administrative office manager must possess many skills and the following is a list of the important ones:
- An administrative office manager must possess good organizational skills and managerial abilities.
- Any person working at the position of an administrative office manager must have good interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
- He/she must also have good computer skills, technical skills and problem solving abilities.
- Some other skills which are required by an administrative office manager include reasoning abilities, ability to work for long hours and handle everyday work stress.
Administrative office manager Education and Qualification
The following are the educational requirements for anyone who is working as an administrative office manager:
- A bachelor’s degree in business management, accounts, finance or computers is a compulsory requirement for anyone who wants to be an administrative office manager.
- Master’s in business management will give an edge to the candidate.
- Any diploma or degree in management will also add to the profile of the candidate.
Administrative office manager Salary
The average median salary which an administrative office manager can expect to earn is $41000.
Category: Administration Job Descriptions