Administrative sales assistant Job Profile and Description
An administrative sales assistant is an employee who works in the sales department of a company or an organization to provide support as far as day to day office tasks and sales related duties are concerned. Any individual who is employed at this position must have technical knowledge and should provide clerical support to the office or department.
Record keeping and maintenance of records are some of the major job duties which are associated with the position of an administrative sales assistant. To know more about the job profile of an administrative sales assistant, you can go through the following information.
Administrative sales assistant Duties and Responsibilities
The following are some of the important responsibilities and duties which an administrative sales assistant must perform:
- It is the duty of an administrative sales assistant to provide technical support to the department like help in computer troubleshooting, handle electronic database and make sure all systems are working in proper order.
- He/she is also responsible for doing clerical tasks like data entry, book keeping, keeping check on inventory, supplies, sales records and expense reports.
- An administrative sales assistant is also responsible for planning meetings, arranging appointments, booking events, answering calls, resolving queries and prepare sales proposals for clients or prospective customers.
- Some other duties include sending emails, faxes, couriers and resolving customer complaints
Administrative sales assistant Skills and Specifications
The skills which an administrative sales assistant must possess are given as follows:
- An administrative sales assistant must have good interpersonal skills and a confident personality.
- He/she must have good written and oral communication skills and managerial abilities to handle administrative tasks.
- An administrative sales assistant must have technical knowledge; computer based expertise and should also be comfortable with working with technical products.
- He/she must have problem solving abilities and convincing skills as well to deal with the customers if required.
Administrative sales assistant Education and Qualification
The educational requirements which an administrative sales assistant must possess are mentioned below:
- High school certificate is a compulsory requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree or an associate degree in business administration or related field is almost always a mandatory requirement to work at the post of an administrative sales assistant.
- To have good technical expertise, courses done in computer programs or software can also prove to be useful.
Administrative sales assistant Salary
The average salary of an administrative sales assistant is $33560 per annum.
Category: Administration Job Descriptions