Administrative support assistant Job Profile and Description
Every organization has three levels of job hierarchy: top level, executive level and support level. Within the support level of employees comes the position of the administrative support assistant. An administrative support assistant is an employee of an organization who provides support to the executive and top level executives by performing a range of duties and fulfilling a range of responsibilities.
He/she not only helps in day to day tasks such as answering calls, sending emails and faxed etc. but may also be responsible for managing files, arranging meetings as well. To do these tasks, one needs some particular educational and skill requirements. Lest read more about the role of an administrative support assistant.
Administrative support assistant Duties and Responsibilities
An administrative support assistant is required to fulfil the following given duties and responsibilities:
- One of the main duties of an administrative support assistant is to answer calls, send faxes, send emails, receive and send couriers and packages and manage inventory and office supplies.
- Another duty of anyone working at this position is to prepare business documents by using computer systems and software’s such as word, excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Arranging business meetings and corresponding with clients are also the responsibilities of an administrative support assistant.
- He/she is also responsible for conducting research work, booking event venues and booking flights and transportation as well.
Administrative support assistant Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required by an administrative support assistant are given as follows:
- An administrative support assistant must be extremely responsible, receptive and quick to perform tasks.
- He/she must have managerial skills and should be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Good organizational skills and excellent communication skills are also some of the skills which are required by an administrative support assistant.
- Knowledge and usage of computer programs and software is also required by an administrative support assistant.
- He/she should be attentive and should have problem solving abilities.
Administrative support assistant Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements of an administrative support assistant are given as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree in business or any other field or an associate degree in any field is a mandatory requirement.
- An administrative support assistant can pursue a certificate course in computers or business management.
Administrative support assistant Salary
An administrative support assistant can expect to earn an annual median salary of $33000. This salary varies depending on many factors like experience, employment company, job profile and others.
Category: Administration Job Descriptions