Administrative support officer Job Profile and Description
An administrative support officer is an employee of a company who is hired to provide administrative support and clerical support to the administrative department of the company or to the various managers working within the firm. These individuals perform many duties like answering calls, replying to emails, getting the paperwork together, filing of information into computer systems and making sure that everything is running in an organized and smooth manner.
To become an administrative support officer, a person needs certain specific qualifications and skills. Moreover, this position is associated with many other duties and responsibilities as well. Let’s find out more about the same.
Administrative support officer Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of an administrative support officer are given as follows:
- An administrative support officer is responsible for answering calls, sending email responses, corresponding with customers, clients and other staff members and to answer enquiries.
- Another job duty of an administrative support officer is to make a filing system which can be easily used to access files, information and other data.
- He/she is responsible for working with computer systems to make records of information and important office data.
- An administrative support officer is also responsible for being part of meetings and taking notes on behalf of the managers.
- They greet clients and show them the waiting area as well as a part of their duties.
Administrative support officer Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications of an administrative support officer are provided below:
- Good interpersonal skills and exceptional written and oral communication skills are an absolute must for all administrative support officers.
- Administrative support officers must also possess good organizational and managerial abilities.
- They must be comfortable with working on computer systems and using database software etc.
- An administrative support officer should be charming, attentive, active and responsible.
Administrative support officer Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements of an administrative support officer are provided as below:
- A bachelor’s degree in any field or subject, preferably business or accounting is a compulsory requirement.
- An administrative support officer can pursue a diploma or short term course in office management or computer software to strengthen his/her skills and knowledge.
Administrative support officer Salary
Any person working as an administrative support officer can expect to earn an average median salary of $52000. This figure may vary depending upon the place of employment and exact nature of job or company.
Category: Administration Job Descriptions