Agriculture Assistant Job Profile and Description
The agricultural assistant is to assist his/her senior in implementing better irrigation and farming techniques in the concerned region. He plays an important role in educating and motivating the locals (farmers) about the modern and better facilities available to them.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To coordinate with the team members in rural development projects focusing specifically to agricultural practices.
- To coordinate with the team in training the farmers of the modern and more proven methods and motivating to come out of the traditional way (if applicable).
- To coordinate with the team to train farmers about the high yielding variety of seeds, the fertilizers available, use of appropriate insecticides and pesticides and the irrigation technologies that may be of benefit.
- To develop know-how among the farmers about the terms and conditions of the various loan facilities and government policies regarding agriculture and farmers.
- In a big way the Agriculture Assistant has to promote quality agriculture.
Skills and Specifications
- He should be comfortable in English and should be able to read, write and speak in the regional language.
- He should have good interpersonal skills and should be a good motivator.
- He should have good understanding of the banking mathematics (accounts and finance) to be able to make it clear to the farmers.
- He is required to have good leadership and analytical skills.
- He should be open to work in rural areas which may be uncomfortable.
- He should be able to follow deadlines and handle pressure.
- He should have a polite and understanding approach.
Education and Qualifications
Agriculture assistant should have a graduation or a post graduation degree from an accredited university in a related subject (agriculture, horticulture, etc). He should have a certain experience of the job or should have undergone equivalent training.
Category: Agriculture Job Descriptions