Allopathic Physician Job Profile and Description
Allopathic doctors are also called as medical doctors and are responsible for diagnosing and treating the conditions that affect the human body. An allopathic doctor diagnoses the body conditions using tests and examinations and prescribes medications to their patients based on their findings.Allopathic doctors provide care for specific groups of people like people above the age 65 and for children. Allopathic doctors can work in any one of the specialties within their profession like gynecology, surgery, psychiatry or general medicine.
Allopathic Physician Duties and Responsibilities
An allopathic doctor performs the following duties and responsibilities:
- Performs check-ups to diagnose developing diseases or medical conditions.
- Interprets the test results in order to determine the patient’s symptoms.
- Suggests or recommends the treatment methods to patients based on the interpreted results.
- Counsel patients on preventive, rehabilitative and dietary care based on the interpreted test results.
- Might have to work for long and irregular hours within his clinic or in a healthcare setting environment like hospitals or healthcare facilities.
Allopathic Physician Skills and Specifications
The following are the skills and specifications required by an allopathic physician:
- Must have good scientific skills and knowledge in diagnosis and treatment methods.
- The person should have good knowledge of the symptoms exhibited by the patients and about the appropriate medications.
- He should have ability to communicate well which is another important skill that is required by an allopathic doctor.
- Parent care skill is another important skill that is required by an allopathic doctor which includes empathy, confidence and humanity.
- The person should be capable of working for long hours if needed.
Allopathic Physician Education and Qualification
The following are the education and qualifications that are required by an allopathic physician:
- A four years Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry or any related field.
- After four years of college, candidates must complete four years of medical school.
- A residency program for about 3 to 8 years is necessary.
- Candidates need to pass a state medical licensing exam before he can enroll himself in the residency program.
- An exam after the residency program has to be completed by candidates in order to gain certification.
Allopathic Physician Salary
An allopathic Physician is expected to earn between $50,868 and $179,500 per annum. The annual compensation of the physicians varies according to their specialties and type of set up in which they work.
Category: Health Care Job Descriptions