Apparel Sales Job Profile and Description
An individual for an Apparel Sales profile is also referred as a clothing salespersons or a clothing sales associate. Individuals of such profiles are required to work full time in retail stores and outlets and also follow standard operating procedures of the establishment. Apparel sales professionals need to work under the direction of a manager and implement all necessary assigned functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeping record of all the store merchandise.
- Interacting with customers and assisting them with their purchases.
- Keeping track of all the prices and labels on the merchandise.
- Replenishing all necessary apparels as and when required.
- Maintaining a record of all the apparels that have been sold.
- Filing of order forms for the store.
- Making sale reports and customer feedback evaluations.
- Completing all tasks as assigned by the store supervisor / manager.
- Keeping records of any damaged or spoilt merchandise and reporting the same to the supervising authority.
- Coordinating all work functions with other internal departments of the store.
Skills and Specifications
- Should possess strong written and verbal communication abilities and interpersonal skills
- Should have the ability network and interact with store customers.
- Should possess innovative skills and abilities to increase sales of the store.
- Should be a team player, have the ability to meet targets, deadlines, and efficiently follow orders of superiors.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree, GED certification or any corresponding qualification.
- Bachelor’s degree in retail or store management with 1 to 2 years of experience in retail or store sales.
Category: Retail Job Descriptions