Assistant Buyer Job Profile and Description
The job of an Assistant Buyer pertains to providing administrative, organizational and technical assistance to the purchase department of an organization. Assistant buyers are usually required for their expertise in the functions of a retail, or departmental store. This profession requires an individual to work in a dynamic scenario and follow the tasks as delegated by the supervising authority.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluating market trends and price of goods and supplies in the market.
- Networking and negotiating with suppliers for competitive prices.
- Making and filling all documentations like purchase orders etc.
- Making market survey analysis and reports.
- Assisting in making budgets and financial plans for the purchase of supplies.
- Keeping a record of all the materials purchased for the store.
- Analyzing market reports and strategizing plans for the stores.
- Following and completing all delegated tasks as per the necessary schedule.
- Ensuring the maintenance of the quality of goods and supplies of the store.
- Leading a team of subordinates and conducting necessary training activities.
Skills and Specifications
- Should have excellent written and verbal communiqué aptitude and interpersonal skills.
- Should have the ability network and negotiate with suppliers.
- Should possess analytical and skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Should possess decision-making and the ability to handle crisis and meet necessary deadlines.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree, GED certification or any corresponding qualification from a certified college.
- Bachelor’s degree in retail, store management or material procurement with 1 to 2 years of experience in retail or store purchases.
Category: Retail Job Descriptions