Bank manager Job Profile and Description
A bank manager is the head of the organization and supervises the activities of all the branch banks. He works with a number of assistants and who help him coordinate activities among different branches all over the country and also contribute towards policymaking. There are different departments in a bank and every department and branch has a manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A bank manager looks over the activities of one branch or more than one branch
- He is indirectly responsible for bringing in new customers and boosting the bank’s profits.
- He has to set targets and ensure they are met
- He must motivating and train his staff to keep up with a high standard and positively deal with customer complaints
- He needs to create and analyze management information and reports, which are sent to branch staff and also to the head office
- He must interact with local chambers of commerce, development agencies, solicitors, accountants etc
- He must be involved with business planning and formulate bank policies by regularly following the different changes in the financial regulations
Skills and Specifications
- Bank managers need to have good leadership qualities and must possess decision-making ability
- They must be aware of the latest rules and follow government regulations during the formation of their policies
- They must be organized, able to work under pressure and do overtime when necessary
- They must be very good with numbers
- They must also have good communication and network skills and must be cordial towards customers
- They must be discreet and understand the importance of client confidentiality
Education and Qualifications
One interested in banking needs to have a bachelor’s and preferably a master’s degree in business administration, accounting, or finance. Since managerial positions are senior level positions, one needs to have adequate experience to reach this post.
Category: Banking Job Descriptions