Bank risk manager job profile and description
The bank risk manager is supposed to be the eyes and ears of the institution. The role is a key determinant of the loans that are offered and the various client groups that are admitted. It is a critical role in modern banking because risk has been one of the determinants of success. The person doing this role has to balance the need for profits with a healthy assessment of risks.
Bank risk manager duties and responsibilities
The duties of a bank risk manager include the following items:
- You will need to assess lending criteria on a regular basis.
- You will need to supervise loan officers to ensure that they are following procedures.
- You will regularly liaise with industry experts to discuss risk assessments.
- The role requires that you present regular reports to senior managers.
Bank risk manager skills and specifications
The specifications for the role of a bank risk manager include the following issues:
- You need to understand the complex calculations that underpin risk assessment.
- You must have the ability to pay attention to detail.
- You should be able with other strategic teams within the organization.
- You will need to have good analytical and investigative skills.
Bank risk manager education and qualification
A good degree will start off your quest for a career as a bank risk manager. Nevertheless you need a banking qualification to give you good grounding within the industry. It might be a good idea to secure some IT training to help you with the modern banking systems.
Bank risk manager salary
The salary for a bank risk manager starts at about $80,000. You can get increments depending on the size of the portfolio. Venture capitalists might be able to give you top salaries of $250,000.
Category: Banking Job Descriptions