Banking Relationship Manager Job Profile and Description
A banking relationship manager is employed by a banking organisation to deal with its client base and provide them all the assistance they need. These positions arise in both retail banking and wholesale banking segments of the economy. Depending upon type of the organisation, the scope and the type of the work entailed in this job profile will vary. But the most prominent part of this profile is to maintain cordial relations with the clients.
Banking Relationship Manager Duties and Responsibilities
The primary duties and responsibilities to be met by the banking relationship manager are as mentioned below.
- It is the duty of the relationship manager to provide all of the individual clients with details and relevant information about the financial services and products offered by the entity.
- The responsibility of the manager does not just end by providing the information, they must access the clients state and needs; and based on it, give them the right advice for them.
- A relationship manager may be required to mentor, manage and head the other staff at the bank in communicating with the clientele.
- It is the responsibility of the relationship manager to set up meeting with the respective clients and give them proper time.
- The manager has to be updated with the latest policies and regulations in the sector and inculcate them in his/ her own banking entity.
- He/ she must also look for new sales opportunities and nurture them properly.
Banking Relationship Manager Skills and Specifications
The skills which are said to be possessed by an individual to be employed as the banking relationship manager are:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A patient outlook and warmth in approach
- Extremely good with numbers
- Great problem solving abilities
- Ability to make decision
- Calm and composed performance under pressure.
Banking Relationship Manager Education and Qualification
The educational requirements which must be completed by the banking relationship manager are:
- The individual must have a degree (bachelor) in banking, finance, accounts and business or a related field.
- Some employers may let go of the education requirement if the individual possess excellent knowledge of the sector and the financial tools, policies, procedures etc.
- Education or not, the banks will require at least 6 months of experience on part of any candidate.
Banking Relationship Manager Salary
The average salary of a relationship manager (banking) in the United States is quoted to be about $ 70,357 annually.
Category: Banking Job Descriptions