Bar Manager Job Profile and Description
A bar manager is a person who manages; works to ensure that the bar runs well. He sees to it that the bar keeps operating effectively. He can also oversee the dining and food preparation.
Duties and Responsibilities
A bar manager job duties and responsibilities are like those of any other manager, except they revolve around the bar area. They include:
- Being responsible for the business in general.
- Writing up the staff schedules.
- Telling people what they should or shouldn’t do.
- Assist with bartending on very busy days.
- Keeping an inventory.
- Oversee all bar operations i.e. the hiring of staff and event planning.
- Doing all the budgeting.
- Allocate funds for daily operations.
- Sort out any emergencies or complaints arising from the guests or the employees.
- Manage the money and the staff.
- Train the staff members.
- Report any breaches to the senior management.
- Conduct a frequent performance review of the employees.
- Keep all records of cash and supplies.
- Buy all the required supplies.
- Ensure that the bar meets all the directives involved in bar keeping.
- Have knowledge of local and federal regulations on the sale and distribution of alcohol.
Skills and Specifications
A bar managers job skills and specifications include;
- Good interpersonal skills,
- Good communication skills,
- Neat physical appearance and
- At least 21 years of age
Education and Qualifications
For a bar manager job education and qualifications are not mandatory. However, for a big bar a degree in restaurant management or a minimum of 5 years experience will be a big plus.
Category: Hospitality Job Descriptions