Beauty Consultant Job Profile and Description
A beauty consultant is a person who is responsible for providing consultation to an individual regarding various beauty treatments for skin, hair and other body parts. Besides providing consultation these people also provide various beauty services so that an individual may look attractive and beautiful. Generally, a beauty consultant is appointed in beauty parlours, unisex saloons and for personal grooming.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A beauty consultant has to advice beauty treatment to an individual as per their requirements.
- He has to use suitable beauty products to complete the makeup and to give good hair treatments.
- A beauty Consultant needs to introduce the newly launched products to the customers depending upon their requirement.
- A beauty consultant has to take care of the stock of available products and buy good quality skin, makeup and hair products for saloon.
- His job duties include testing of products before using it on client’s skin.
- He has to demonstrate the use of products to junior beauty consultants or beauticians.
- He is responsible for advising beauty treatments depending upon the type of skin and hair a customer has.
Skills and Specifications
- He should have excellent knowledge of makeup types and hair treatments.
- He must be aware of different skin types and must be able to suggest appropriate treatments for the same.
- A beauty consultant should have good communication skills.
- He should have good interpersonal skills.
- A beauty consultant should have a pleasing personality so that a customer feels welcome.
- He should be good in maintaining overall coordination level with saloon workers and colleagues.
Education and Qualification
Though there are no minimum educational requirements for a person to be a beauty consultant but a person with graduate and higher degree will be preferred over others. A beauty consultant must have done a beautician course from accredited institute. Any additional course in hair, skin, spa treatment will provide an edge.
Category: Consultant Job Descriptions