A Broadband technician repairs, maintains and installs several types of telecommunication systems such as broadband internet, telephone services and cable television services etc. These individuals have to visit the homes or offices or customers and clients to do the installation or repair work after receiving a service request call and should possess suitable skills and qualifications to be able to do the job well.
Apart from technical work, a broadband technician must also do certain amount of paperwork which is important for record purpose. To know more about the job of a broadband technician, you can go through the following given information:
Broadband Technician Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the various duties and responsibilities of a broadband technician:
- The primary duty of a Broadband technician is to perform on-site installation work related to internet connection, TV connection or telephone line etc.
- He/she is also responsible for the repair and troubleshooting work related to various kinds of telecommunication systems and making sure that the problem doesn’t occur again.
- Receiving service calls and providing on-call assistance is also part of the profile of a broadband technician.
- A broadband technician’s duty is to maintain detailed records of the customers and the services offered to them.
- Handing over service cost and receiving payments is also a duty of a broadband technician.
- He/she must also provide customer education.
Broadband Technician Skills and Specifications
The following are some of the main skills which are needed by a broadband technician:
- A Broadband technician must have good knowledge of installation, repair and maintenance of cables, telephone connections and broadband internet connection etc.
- He/she must be focuses, attentive and extremely hardworking
- Punctuality and politeness towards the customers are also required by a broadband technician.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are the other skills which are required by anyone working as a broadband technician.
- He/she must also possess good troubleshooting skills and analytical bent of mind.
Broadband Technician Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Broadband technician are as follows:
- A 2 year associate degree program specific to broadband technology is the best way for a person to become a broadband technician but a diploma in a related field can also be considered suitable.
- There are bachelor’s degree programs available in telecommunication, electronics or broadband technology as well.
Broadband Technician Salary
The average annual median salary of a broadband technician is likely to be between $39930 and $67640.
Category: Technician Job Descriptions