Business Development Manager Job Profile and Description
Every business needs an employee who can attract new clients, customers and pull in more business for better returns and profits. An individual appointed to fulfill these duties and many more is called a business development manager and is responsible for the overall development and growth of the business.
These employees use a variety of mediums such as media, advertising, publishing etc to expand the range of the business’s influence and must possess good marketing skills for this purpose. There are several other qualifications which a candidate needs to fulfill in order to become a business development manager in a company.
Business Development Manager Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a business development manager are as follows:
- The primary duty of a business development manager is to plan marketing programs to approach new clients and attract the existing one.
- Another responsibility of a business development manager is to forecast target sales and identify new opportunities for business.
- It is the responsibility of a business development manager to plan marketing campaigns, implement promotions and build advertising and media plans.
- He/she must also track and record the various activities on accounts and analyse the kind of effect a campaign has on target audience.
Business Development Manager Skills and Specifications
The following skills are required by any person who wants to be a business development manager:
- Exceptional marketing and sales skills.
- Good communication skills and computer skills.
- Managerial abilities and leadership qualities.
- Hardworking nature, ability to build and maintain contacts and persuasion abilities are also required.
- Self motivated nature and ability to perform under pressure is also very important.
- Other skills required are ability to study and use new trends and analyse the market.
Business Development Manager Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Business development manager are given below:
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration is the first step towards becoming a business development manager.
- Most employers demand an MBA with a specialisation in marketing from aspiring business development managers.
- Diploma in computer science, marketing or sales can also prove to be useful
Business Development Manager Salary
A Business development manager can expect to take home an average median salary of $90000 but those with better qualifications and rich experience may earn more.
Category: Management Job Descriptions