Business Management Job Description and Profile
Business Manager plays various positions depending on the large or small business. There are functional managers who focus on specialized fields such as marketing and finance in larger organizations. General Managers in big firms are responsible for business management at corporate level. Managers fulfill their roles through organizing, planning, motivating and controlling. They even need considerable time-management and maturity skills to cope well with the uncertainties and pressures of the energetic business environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing all financial reporting, including annual and monthly financial reports to department managers and administrators.
- Supervising the revenue collection, monitoring the cash flow, and investing excess funds in compliance with organization’s policy.
- Implementing new accounting measures promulgated by the organization.
- Collaborating with administrator to develop, implement, and supervise annual budget.
- Maintaining risk management programs including securing and recommending proper ranges of insurance coverage, maintaining inventory, policies, and appraisal documents.
- Overseeing the transportation programs including, filing appropriate contracts, negotiating transportation contracts, executing parent bus contracts, supervising bus routes and so on.
- Collaborating with the Food department, if required, to supervise the food services program, including collection of revenue.
- Recruiting, training, and supervising personnel and making sound recommendations.
- Assisting in the negotiation and implementation of employee or client contracts. .
- Developing training options and improving plans in ensuring exemplary business operations.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of sales and marketing principles.
- Knowledge of management principles.
- Ability to manage conflicting interests of business partners.
- Possessing confidence, experience, and skills to support organizational activities.
- Good communicator, active listener, and possess strong decision-making skills.
- Good team player.
Education and Qualifications
- Engineering degree in business management related field from an accredited college.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management related field.
Category: Management Job Descriptions