Business Project Director Job Profile and Description
A Business Project Director is an individual who heads the major projects for a business company or organization and is given the senior position as far as client relations and project works are concerned. Business project directors work in a variety of companies and industries and perform duties such as development project plans, implementing them and managing the day to day activities related to the project. In order to handle so many duties and tasks, a business project director must possess a combination of skills, qualifications and experience. Since this is a high level position, the salary that a business project director can earn is also high. The following is a detailed description of the job of a business project director:
Business Project Director Duties and Responsibilities
A business project director has to fulfil many duties and responsibilities and the following are a few of them:
- To head a team of project workers towards the goal and objective of the project.
- To meet clients, understand their requirement and thereby plan the working of a project.
- To designate duties to project workers or team members and see to it that all duties are fulfilled by each one of them.
- To handle the day to day administration of the project to evaluate whether it is going as per timeline and expectations of the client.
- To manage the project budget and perform tasks while remaining within it.
Business Project Director Skills and Specifications
The following are the major skills and specifications required from anyone working as a business project director:
- Top level leadership skills and managerial skills are a must.
- Hardworking nature, dedication, never say die attitude and commitment are also needed.
- Exceptional ability to plan, implement and manage projects.
- Good interpersonal skills to be able to communicate with clients and team members.
- Excellent motivational skills and a strong personality which commands respect.
- Leading by example.
Business Project Director Education and Qualification
The following are some of the educational qualifications required by a business project director:
- A high school diploma from an accredited school.
- A bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration or a related field is also mandatory.
- An MBA or another post graduate degree in business is also often asked for by companies.
- Experience at other positions of project management is preferred.
Business Project Director Salary
The average annual salary that a business project director can expect to earn is $96000.
Category: Business Job Descriptions