Butler Job Profile and Description
A butler plays an important role among a team of professionals who strive to offer a high level of personalized service that not only surpasses any guest’s expectations but also adds a point of difference if comparison between the facility and any other is done. The butler position enables one to provide highly personalized, detailed and flawless service to guests. A butler takes care of guests’ needs in a highly proficient manner. The butler also ensures that guests receive care without necessarily having to impose himself on them. Butlers work as live-out or live-in employees
Duties and Responsibilities
Butler job duties include the following:
- Receiving guests.
- Maintaining the operations of the household and/or running personal household tasks for clients or the employer.
- Supervision of service vendors.
- Arranging travel plans for the employer as well as the household guests.
- Maintaining household security.
- Assisting in cooking as well as serving meals and drinks to guests.
- Arranging the table for serving meals.
- Drawing household budgets.
- Keeping wine cellars and having knowledge regarding fine wines.
- Offering general valet services.
- Managing various supplies in secondary dwellings.
- Hiring and supervising junior staff.
- Setting maintenance programs for miscellaneous equipment within a hotel or resort such as planes, boats and stables.
- Managing housekeeping duties.
Skills and Specifications
Butler job skills need the following attributes:
- Possession of excellent public communication skills.
- A passion for serving guests and collaborating with other staff.
- Ability to work under pressure and for long unscheduled hours.
- Excellent managerial and supervision skills.
Education and Qualification
Certificate or diploma in butlering or catering
Category: Hospitality Job Descriptions