Call Center Agent Job Description and Profile
Call Center Agents play a vital role, liaising between various customers and the business entities. They are responsible to answer to customer inquiries and questions regarding the products and services, which the organization produces or provides. Depending on the organization that provides the products, the duties and responsibilities of a call center agent differ. Most agents perform their duties by telephone in the call center, some communicate with customers by fax, post, e-mail, or face-to-face.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answering inbound calls and assisting customers who have particular inquiries or questions.
- Providing individualized customer service of high-standard professional level.
- Building the interest of customers in the products and services offered by the organization.
- Updating the existing database with any modifications or changes and the present status of the customers or prospective customers.
- Assisting customers of communication based organization with service queries and problems.
- Handling customers directly either by face to face, electronically, or telephone and responding to customer inquiries and questions promptly.
- Providing feedback regularly on the effectiveness and soundness of policies and procedures of the customer service department.
- Facilitating the collected competitive information to monitor business opportunities and trends.
- Checking lines and categorizing the problems and issues of the customers.
- Determining problems or issues in queries or complaints handling nature and proposing solutions for Enhancements.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to understand as well as grasp basic customer information.
- Ability to handle diverse people.
- Ability to cope up with difficult customer situations.
- Should analyze the customer problem properly and provide logical solutions.
- Ability to make effective use of resources.
- Excellent communication, customer service, interpersonal, and typing skills.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma from an accredited institution.
- General education degree.
- Interest in helping customers.
Category: Call Center Job Descriptions