Chief Accounting Officer Job Profile and Description
A chief accounting officer is an individual who is responsible for daily external as well as internal accounting functions of the organization. They are responsible for improvement of the process in order to simplify accounting operations. They may have to devise and implement plans and strategies.
They also have to conduct research as well as analyze accounting matters. They may also have to make presentation to the audit committee as well as the board of directors. Sometimes a chief accounting officer has to oversee tax compliance.
Chief Accounting Officer Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a chief accounting officer are as follows:
- Building a team that will focus on accounting in order to get better results
- Conducting research as well as analyze accounting matters
- Representing various functions of accounting in order to analyze the acquisition process
- Ensuring that appropriate staff and resources are available for the accounting department
- Providing information on a timely basis
- Developing accounting policies and implementing them
- Proving information on a timely basis
- Keeping a track of the work of external auditors
- Making a presentation to the auditing committee and the board of directors
- Overseeing and participating in the process of monthly financial activities.
- Maintaining internal as well external controls and safeguards
- Working in coordination with the legal department
- Manage various functions related to accounting and taxing
- Acting as a link for annual auditing
- Supervising various departments and teams in order to ensure that work is allocated properly
- Upgrading financial systems
- Supervising the accounting staff and their activities
- Maintaining files accurately and completely
- Coordinating with various factors related to cash distribution and income
Chief Accounting Officer Skills and Specifications
In order to become a chief accounting officer, an individual needs to possess various skills and specifications. They are follows:
- They should possess excellent accounting skills
- It is necessary to have good coordination skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be good with filing and documentation work
- The candidate must be good with numbers.
Chief Accounting Officer Education and Qualification
The educational qualifications required in order to become a chief accounting officer are:
- Graduate degree in the field of accounting
- Post graduate degree in the field of accounting
- A CPA certificate
Chief Accounting Officer Salary
The average annual salary earned by a chief accounting officer is around $80000.
Category: Account Job Descriptions