Chief Medical Officer Job Profile and Description
The Chief Medical Officer is the senior most physicians in a health care association be a hospital or a nursing home. He has the task of leading and guiding the entire medical department and offering special services like the emergency services. Along with the medical duties, the chief medical officer offers a number of executive duties. It is the chief medical officer who looks after the daily management of the health care association.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating a liaison between the medical staff and the administration is one of their most important tasks.
- Coordinating the patient care and safety with great efficiency in order to make the entire process work in a coordinated fashion.
- Overseeing the quality of the medical department and ensuring that the health care programs are being implemented properly.
- Ensuring efficient and effective health care facilities to the patients through constant review and supervision of the medical practitioners.
- Carrying out good level of communication of different departments in order to make the entire system work in a coordinated fashion.
- Encouraging growth and development of the staff for the betterment of the organization and the welfare of the patients.
Skills and Specifications
- Good supervisory skills
- Good managerial skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good leadership qualities
Education and Qualifications
- Advanced degree in medical degree along with experience in management or leadership fields.
- Five to ten years experience in this field is an added advantage.
Category: Medical Job Descriptions