Company Secretary Job Profile and Description
A company secretary is responsible to ensure proper legal norms and financial standards which are used within company work. However, a company secretary does not work to provide typical legal advices but this designation is concerned with standards of corporate governance. Their basic function is to attend meetings with company share holders and board of directors. A company secretary works in a medium to a huge organization and in international brands.
Duties and Responsibilities
- He has to prepare the legal agenda of company by processing records.
- A company secretary has to keep the records for minutes of meetings along with annual general meetings with potential share holders.
- His duties include monitoring the necessary changes in regulatory management and legislation.
- He has to ensure that the company standards are properly complied before signing new deals.
- Company secretary has to take care of insured property of company and over dues for the same.
- He needs to cooperate with liaising authorities and external regulatory.
- He is responsible for collecting updated data, writing reports and ensuring decisions regarding accounting and tax etc.
- He has to take care of company PR and financial management.
Skills and Specifications
- He should have the deep knowledge of corporate regulatory and company rules or norms.
- He must be able to access all records to obtain required information whenever needed.
- He should have the knowledge of complaining legal codes of company and must be able to oversee company system to ensure legal norms.
- He must have good communication skills.
- He must be able to schedule meeting with company legal advisors and board of directors.
Education and Qualification
A company secretary must be a graduate in any stream and should have completed his CS course from ICSI. Any additional course or diploma will surely prove to be an added advantage.
Category: Administration Job Descriptions