Construction field supervisor Job Profile and Description
A Construction field supervisor is a person who works at a construction site or for a construction company and is responsible for assisting on various types of construction tasks and administrative works. These individuals may be employed for new projects or for rebuilding of existing construction projects. A construction field supervisor is responsible for the safety as well as the quality of work done at a construction site and must supervise the activities of all the labourers and technicians. In order to do these works efficiently, a candidate must possess the right educational qualifications and skills. Moreover, experience is another factor which might determine suitability of a person for this job. A detailed description of this job is given below.
Construction field supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
A construction field supervisor is required to perform the following given duties and responsibilities:
- To supervise the activities of all the daily wage labourers and the various technicians including electricians, plumbers, engineers etc.
- To prepare reports and records and include the summary of the ongoing project in it.
- To see to it that the work is going as per the decided budget.
- To monitor activities of subcontractors and report if there is any irregularity in the activities.
- To oversee implementation of work packages and day to day smooth functioning of the project.
- To order supplies and review construction and safety methods.
Construction field supervisor Skills and Specifications
Any person working at the position of a construction field supervisor must fulfil the following given skills and specifications:
- Strong managerial skills, supervisory skills and organization abilities.
- Good interpersonal skills to be able to communicate with workers and colleagues well.
- Excellent accounting and mathematical knowledge and skills.
- Dedication, focus, hardworking nature and diligence also required.
- Detail oriented and ability to produce results in given deadlines.
- Knowledge of construction practices, methods and policies.
- Ability to follow set standards and safety measures.
Construction field supervisor Education and Qualification
The following are some of the educational qualifications needed by a Construction field supervisor:
- High school diploma is a must and compulsory educational requirement for the position of a construction field supervisor.
- Some workplaces may require bachelor’s degree in a construction related field but this is not a compulsory requirement.
- About 5-6 years of experience as a site coordinator or a related position required.
Construction field supervisor Salary
The average annual salary that a construction field supervisor can earn is $49000.
Category: Construction Job Descriptions