Construction Foreman Job Profile and Description
A construction foreman is the person who at any one time ensures that the crew at a construction site is carrying out their tasks well and everything is going according to plan. This job has been the reserve of the most senior male worker at the site but modernity is seeing women take the same role. He/she is the person who has the most experience when it comes to doing similar projects and due to this the foreman easily gains the respect of his colleagues at the site.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Checking with the supervisor for morning schedule.
- Assessing job priorities and assigning employees to appropriate job sites.
- Making sure employees have tools and equipment needed for job in order to ensure a good output.
- Overseeing the work and making sure it runs smoothly and as per the plan
- Making sure safety precautions are followed including updating safety kits in case of any emergencies during the work.
- Communicating with the supervisor regarding the crew both positive and negative.
- Helping in training new employees and helping them as they learn new tasks.
- Giving clear directions to workers as to what needs to be done to avoid repetitive mistakes by the workers
- Making sure company rules are followed by crew.
- She/he should make sure jobs are completed on time.
- The foreman should ensure tools like sprayers, ladders, and traps are brought back from job sites.
- Evaluate quickest and easiest way to a job without sacrificing quality of the work being done
- If possible collect final payment as of contract
- Hold the weekly job site safety meeting and record a record of it in the log for future references.
Skills and Specifications
A good engineer can not carry out a project successfully if the project’s foreman performance is lackluster. Thus the experience of a foreman is crucial in their ability to execute a project. Apart from many years experience a foreman should also have;
- A good level of tertiary education; a minimum of a degree in construction management or project management.
- Good people skills
- Good time management skills
Education and Qualifications
High School Diploma
Category: Construction Job Descriptions