Construction Material Coordinator Job Profile and Description
A construction materials coordinator is an individual who is responsible for the acquiring and managing the materials required in the process of construction. They may also be referred to as material purchasing managers as they have to purchase the materials themselves required for a construction project. They have to consider various aspects of the materials like price, quality and availability. It is the job of the construction materials coordinator to determine the suppliers and the merchandisers of the construction material. A construction materials coordinator has to ensure that the best quality material is available at the most economic price so that the budget of a construction project does not exceed. He/she also has to research market conditions and supplier details in order to ensure that.
Construction Material Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
There are various duties and responsibilities required to be carried out by a construction materials coordinator. They are as follows:
- Coordinating in order to ensure delivery of construction material to the construction site
- Preparing schedule for the requirement of the subcontractors
- Managing the transport operations in order to move the construction materials in the construction site
- Maintaining as well as updating material tracking log
- Maintaining activities like delivery, storage and transfer of construction materials
- Participating in internal as well external construction meetings
- Reporting progress in activities related to material management
- Conducting research on market demand, conditions, price and availability of construction materials
- Ensuring that the best quality material is procured at the best economic price
- Determining suitable suppliers and merchandisers
- Analyzing factors that may affect the demand and supply of materials for long-term purchase plan.
- Ensuring removal of material from a construction site
Construction Material Coordinator Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required in order to work as a construction materials coordinator are as follows:
- Necessary to have good negotiation skills
- Must possess excellent research skills
- Needs to have good knowledge about market conditions
- Should have good management skills
- Must have excellent calculation skills
- Ability to travel long distances
Construction Material Coordinator Education and Qualification
The educational qualifications required for a construction materials coordinator job are:
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in the construction field is beneficial.
Construction Material Coordinator Salary
The average annual salary of a construction materials coordinator is around $61000.
Category: Construction Job Descriptions