Corporate Loan Accounts Officer Job profile and Description
Loan officers in banks are assigned to specific jobs. Those in charge of handling loans for enterprises are called Corporate Loan Accounts Officers. And even within that specialization, there are officers assigned to specific industries such as transportation (inter-modal), IT and telecommunication, retail and wholesale, hotels and restaurants, etc. These officers process enterprise loans from application to approval and release. Specializing and understanding the industry where the business operates gives the officer a better handle on the funding dynamics that predicate those loans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Corporate Accounts Manager in developing loan products for specific corporate clients in various industries.
- Administer corporate, industrial and commercial loan products.
- Evaluate and review corporate loan applications and if needed, visit company headquarters or affiliate to assess business operations that require funding.
- Recommend approval, reduction or rejection of loan and credit applications
- Broker other lenders or investment bankers to from a syndicated loan for loan amounts beyond what the bank can afford.
- Serve as a loan sales agent to contact companies in the assigned industry to avail of loan products with attractive interest rates
Skills and Specifications
- Must be able to work with a high degree of patience dealing with people, dealing with details as well as the tenacity to ensure mathematical accuracy
- Must exhibit strong interpersonal skills to work with a team of loan officers as well as with client management officers
- Must have good marketing skills to interact with clients and sustain their patronage of loan products.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must exhibit strong self-confidence, courtesy, firmness and negotiating skills when dealing with the client
Education and Qualifications
At the minimum the position requires a college degree in a business field with a strong bias in Banking, Financial Management and Business Administration. An MBA would be an advantage. Basic computer literacy to handle common spreadsheet and word processing is a must.
Category: Finance Job Descriptions