Cruise Ship Steward Job Profile and Description
A cruise ship steward is one of the toughest but most important entry-level jobs opening opportunities in the high seas. The job draws a lot of interest from applicants whose focus is on cruising on various ships or ferries as well as those who travel and earn some income. Cabin crew stewards are responsible for ensuring that passenger rooms in ships or ferries are clean and welcoming to clients in order to facilitate smoothcruises. They supervise daily cleaning, check the state of room service, facilitate evening turndowns and carry out a variety of duties in response to passengers’ requests.
Duties and Responsibilities
Cruise ship steward job duties entail:
- Supervising the preparation of food.
- Ensuring that the living quarters and mess halls of a ship are well maintained.
- Keeping records on use of linens, food and furniture within a ship
- Ensuring that passengers on board enjoy services within the ship and travel comfortably.
- Planning menus in collaboration with other stewards and the chief steward.
- Planning for purchases of the essential components of menus.
- Cooking meals as need arises.
- Supervision of cleaning and maintenance practices within the kitchen of a ship.
- Supervising mess attendants in setting of tables, serving food, cleaning tables and washing dishes.
Skills and Specifications
Cruise ship steward job skills and specifications include the following
- Good public relations and interpersonal skills.
- Responsiveness to customer preferences.
- Enterprising and good team member.
- Computer literacy.
- Proficiency in additional languages.
- Good motivational skills
Education and Qualifications
Degree or diploma in any area of marketing or sales
Category: Hospitality Job Descriptions