Customer Service Assistant Job Description and Profile
Customer Service Assistants are responsible for answering queries of customers via either email, phone, or face to face. Their major responsibility is to keep current or up-to-date information regarding all products, procedures, and services of the organization. A customer service assistant may work in banks, shops, local government offices, call centers, or energy or insurance company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accepting order inquiries from customers or clients and responding with follow up queries.
- Responding to routine customer inquiries regarding products and services of the organization.
- Handling and resolving customer complaints, obtaining and evaluating all relevant data to handle complaints and inquiries.
- Following up with customers to ensure high-level satisfaction and determining future requirements.
- Collecting data and gathering routine reports and documents for management, accounting department, and external partners.
- Handling shipments of catalogues, marketing materials, and samples to potential customers as necessary
- Facilitating the collected competitive information to monitor business opportunities and trends.
- Preparing, generating and distributing order acknowledgements and daily reports to appropriate personnel.
- Compiling sales data and gathering information about potential distributors and competitors.
- Maintaining database of customer contacts.
Skills and Specifications
- Interest in helping and working with customers.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team.
- Should be polite, friendly, tactful and well presented.
- Should be able to ameliorate customer service skills.
- Ability to type and product knowledge.
- Should be calm and patient.
- Able to handle customer complaints.
Education and Qualifications
- General education or degree from an accredited institution.
- Interest in customer service activities.
Category: Customer Service Job Descriptions