Customer Service Associate Receptionist Job Description and Profile
A Customer Service Associate Receptionist’s job entails representing the organization in a positive way while answering telephones, greeting visitors, and directing calls. The primary responsibility of a customer service associate receptionist is to execute clerical support in competent manner in compliance with established procedures. Their aim is to work with other areas of department co-operatively to provide quality customer service consistently.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answering telephone calls, determining nature of incoming call and directing caller to appropriate department or individual.
- Receiving and following reception schedule or instructions as outlined in established procedures and policies of the organization.
- Greeting visitors and directing them to appropriate department with courtesy and tact in a positive, professional manner.
- Receiving inquiries and releasing information in compliance with established organization’s policies and procedures.
- Issuing and collecting identification badges or tags as representatives sign in or sign out.
- Receiving, sorting, and distributing mails as directed and operating computer, office machines, copier, etc., as directed.
- Offering beverages to visitors or new hires waiting for administrative persons, as appropriate.
- Assisting department directors in regular administrative matters such as, typing correspondence, reports etc.
- Reporting any suspected or known unauthorized attempts in order to access the organization’s information system.
- Demonstrating compassion and respect in every interaction.
- Reporting suspicious information or persons to supervisor immediately.
- Attending in-service training sessions and staff meetings, as directed.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledgeable of appropriate procedures to handle confidential information.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Should be polite, friendly, tactful and well presented.
- Should be able to ameliorate customer service skills.
- Interest in helping and working with customers.
- Should be calm and patient.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or general education from an accredited institution.
- Interest in customer service activities.
Category: Customer Service Job Descriptions