Customer Service Call Center Job Description and Profile
The job of a Customer Service Representative in a call center entails communicating with different customers to furnish information to their queries regarding various services and products of the organization. Their main intension is to project the organization’s image professionally through telephone interaction. The representatives also deal with customer complaints and propose suitable appropriate solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling incoming requests from customers by e-mail or fax and managing their inquiries or requests.
- Performing customer verifications, processing orders, applications, forms, and requests.
- Providing information on complaints regarding specific products as well as services.
- Recognizing, documenting, and informing the supervisor regarding the trends in internal and external customer calls.
- Transferring customer calls with complex inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Selling products and placing customer orders in the computer system.
- Analyzing, obtaining, and verifying whether the order information is accurate or not and then providing customer service support.
- Completing call reports and logs, and researching billing issues.
- Recommending process improvements and researching misapplied payments.
- Resolving customer support related issues and providing customer with proper solution, via the troubleshooting techniques.
- Preparing customer service support summary reports and coordinating in handling the difficult and unusual situations.
- Directing unresolved issues and requests to the appropriate designated resource.
- Managing the accounts of customers and keeping records of customer transactions and interactions.
- Recording details of comments, inquiries, complaints, and actions taken.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of practices and procedures of call center.
- Should be able to operate well under tight pressure.
- Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Should have sound practical judgment of priorities.
- Should be able to ameliorate customer service skills.
- Ability to type and good product knowledge.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma from an accredited institution.
- General education degree.
Category: Call Center Job Descriptions