Dental Assistant Instructor Job Profile and Description
A Dental Assistant Instructor must be able to guide the students and provide instruction in all aspects of dental assisting curriculum content as specified by Dental assisting program coordinator. Areas of responsibility may include chair-side procedures, Dental radiography, Dental material procedures, office procedures, preclinical sciences.
As an Instructor, you should teach students the standardized curriculum. The job of the Dental Assistant Instructor involves preparing lesson plans, grading and recording assignments and performing related work as required.
Dental Assistant Instructor Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Dental Assistant Instructor will involve to:
- Present facilitative, well prepared, organized, and clear lectures and classroom activities consistent with the course syllabus and school policies.
- Continually promote students’ development and effective use of skills in areas such as critical and analytical thinking, evaluation, communication, professionalism.
- Model professionalism and teamwork.
- Maintain equipment in the laboratory and clinic.
- Keeping your classroom in good physical order, managing program supplies and making sure classroom equipment is in good repair.
- Preparing weekly lesson plans according to the standardized Ross curriculum.
- Correcting students’ assignments and tests, reviewing results and returning graded coursework promptly.
- Promote dental assisting as a career to potential students.
- Provide the student with timely information and feedback on his/her academic progress relative to quizzes, tests, homework and projects.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records of student academic and attendance performance.
Dental Assistant Instructor Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of Dental Assistant Instructor shall include:
- Ability to use and communicate curriculum.
- Proven success as a Dental Assistant.
- Ability to communicate field-related knowledge to others.
- Ability to follow rules for compliance, grading and attendance.
- Ability to maintain professional appearance and demeanour.
- Must be able to develop and maintain excellent relationships with a diverse staff and student population.
- Ability to manage key metrics.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Dental Assistant Instructor Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Dental Assistant Instructor are as follows:
- The candidate must be a Graduate of in Dental Assistant program.
- He/she must have RDA licence and must be CPR certified.
- Experience in the field in needed.
- Must be proficient with the use of computers to enter grades and attendance electronically.
Dental Assistant Instructor Salary
A Dental Assistant Instructor can expect to get an annual salary of $60,000-$75,000 depending on the region and standard of dental school he or she is working in. More the experience, higher chances of increased salary.
Category: Medical Job Descriptions