Diesel Mechanic Job Profile and Description
A Diesel Mechanic is a specialized and experienced mechanic hired for servicing diesel engines and vehicles. Manufacturing units, vehicle repair centers and other industries pertaining to heavy machinery mostly recruit professionals of such genre. Candidates of such profile also require being well versed with the industry regulation and safety aspect of diesel engines and their functionality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Routine servicing and overhauling of all diesel engines.
- Inspecting the engines and detecting malfunctions.
- Replacing engine parts and appropriately assembling the same.
- Maintaining records of servicing and engine repairs.
- Checking electrical systems and transmission parts and ensuring the smooth functions of the same.
- Leading a team of subordinates and delegating necessary works to them.
- Following all stipulated industry safety regulations and standards of working.
- Conducting training activities for subordinates.
- Maintaining inventory of spare parts and placing necessary orders.
- Ensuring the proper handling of all testing and repair tools.
Skills and Specifications
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to detect technical malfunctions in the machines.
- Sound understanding of using all repair tools, equipments and testing machinery.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of subordinates.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree or diploma in electrical, mechanical or automotive engineering or any other related field of study from an accredited institution.
- Post Graduate degree or a diploma in automobile, mechanical, electrical engineering or any other related discipline with 2 – 3 years of experience of working as a diesel mechanic.
Category: Technician Job Descriptions