Domestic Cleaner Job profile and Description
A domestic cleaner is someone employed to basically to ensure the general cleanliness and hygienic maintenance of private or business premises, hospitals, or even an office. This job is one that requires a very energetic and enthusiastic person as routine can translate into boredom that is likely to result in lack of interest and the performance is likely to be affected.
Duties and Responsibilities
Domestic cleaner job duties range from:
- Cleaning the house that includes vacuum cleaning the seats, carpets and any areas that demand such an exercise
- Doing laundry and ironing in case the area of specification is a home
- Dusting the surfaces of the rooms
- In the case of a business, the cleaner is required to constantly dust the floor and the surfaces since clients keep walking in and out
- In the case of a swimming pool, one needs to wash the pool and change the water with every cleaning exercise.
Skills and Specifications
Domestic cleaner job skills and specifications are as shown below;
- Be very familiar and very good at the operation of most if not all types of cleaning machines, mainly vacuum cleaning machines
- The ability to lift heavy equipment and artillery with ease
- Attention to detail is an attribute necessary to possess
- Must have great communication skills
- Be a very honest person of great integrity (since the sensitive nature of the job requires that should anyone forget or leave their valuables hanging loose, they should find them intact).
- Be physically and mentally fit since this job is mainly manual and in the case of any weakness, one poses a risk to their health
Education and Qualifications
- Formal training is essential but not mandatory
- The job requires someone who has had some or extensive experience or training, formal or practical hands on in the region of house keeping
Category: Hospitality Job Descriptions