A drama teacher is an important part of the teaching staff of any school and is one who helps develop the budding actor or director in students. This job is for the creative and interactive persons who love directing end of term dramas and skits. A drama teacher not only teaches how to act on stage but also works on the dialogue delivery, stage presence and expressions of the students. To know more about the job of a drama teacher, you can refer to the following given information:
Drama Teacher Duties and Responsibilities
A drama teacher has to fulfil the following given duties and responsibilities:
- A drama teacher must make drama schedules, narratives and scripts to be given to the students.
- He/she is responsible for teaching the art of acting, directing, dialogue delivery, prop usage and stage usage.
- A drama teacher must work on the expressions and voice modulation of the students and is responsible for providing students with the necessary feedback about their work.
- One of the key duties of a drama teacher is to take students out on theatre trips to get first-hand experience of theatres, stage setting etc.
- It is the responsibility of a drama teacher to mark students on the basis of their performance and select the best drama team for representing the institute at competitions etc.
Drama Teacher Skills and Specifications
A drama teacher must possess the following given skills and specifications:
- Good acting skills, good directing skills and stage setting abilities are a must.
- Exceptional communication skills, leadership abilities, time management and organisational abilities are also needed.
- Creativity, imaginative thinking and observation skills are also some of the skills which a drama teacher needs to possess.
- A drama teacher must be energetic, active and patient.
- He/she should have knowledge of stage lighting, music and props etc.
Drama Teacher Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Drama teacher are given below:
- The best way to get the job of a drama teacher is to pursue bachelor’s degree in theatre or performing arts.
- One can also pursue courses in acting, performing arts of theatre from drama schools and then go on to gain experience of theatre to be able to bag a job.
Drama Teacher Salary
On an average, the annual median salary of a drama teacher is somewhere around $53400 but this figure may vary depending upon the place of employment and experience of the candidate.
Category: Teacher Job Descriptions