Electrician Job Profile and Description
The primary role of an Electrician is to provide electrical services to industrial, residential and commercial facilities. Candidates of this profile work under the supervision of a manager and are accountable for all electrical maintenance works. Electricians require to attend on the job training and get acquainted with safety regulations and work procedure before being inducted into the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the proper functioning of all electrical units in the facility.
- Ensuring scheduled checks for spotting any malfunctions.
- Complying with all safety norms and regulations of working.
- Appropriately using and handling of electrical testing and repair equipments.
- Completing all tasks as assigned by the supervising manager.
- Attending job training activities.
- Maintaining records of all electrical inventories and placing orders for spare parts and equipments.
- Keeping a log of electrical repair and maintenance works.
- Coordinating work functions with co-workers and other organizational departments.
- Following all safety norms and standard operating procedures of working.
Skills and Specifications
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify technical malfunctions in electrical units.
- Sound understanding of handling and using electrical repair tools and equipments
- Ability to effectively manage time and coordinate work functions with co-workers.
Education and Qualifications
- High School degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from a certified college.
- Bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree or diploma in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or any other related field of study, a valid license and 2 – 3 years of experience of working as an electrician.
Category: Technician Job Descriptions