Engineering Services Manager Job Profile and Description
An engineering services manager is an individual who works for a company or a technical company who is responsible for supporting and managing the engineering operations of the firm. These individuals generally work in close proximity to project engineers, field engineers and field technicians and use their engineering knowledge to manage entire projects.
An engineering services manager must have good engineering experience as well as management experience to perform well at the job or to be selected for this position and should also possess the right educational qualifications and skills to be able to handle the vast duties and responsibilities associated with this position. A detailed job description of an engineering services manager is given below:
Engineering Services Manager Duties and Responsibilities
The following is a list of some of the major duties and responsibilities of an engineer services manager:
- The primary duty of an engineering services manager is to handle all engineering or technical aspects of a project or service.
- He/she is responsible for analysing resource needs and technology needs to asses and plan the feasibility of plans and suitability of the supporting tools.
- To plan, direct and review the product and service designs and also validate the changes made, if applicable.
- To handle the entire installation, testing, sampling and maintenance of equipment’s and facilities within the company.
- To direct projects, coordinate the activities of all team members and working in close proximity with field technicians and engineers to accomplish the goals of the project.
- To work within budget constraints.
- To train new engineers hired by the company and delegate duties to all the subordinates.
Engineering Services Manager Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of an engineering services manager are given as follows:
- Should be organised and disciplined
- Hardworking, dedicated and diligent towards his/her duties.
- Must possess exceptional technical knowledge, should be in touch with in depth engineering concepts.
- Good leadership skills and managerial abilities.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
Engineering Services Manager Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for an engineering services manager are as follows:
- An engineering degree in any discipline from an accredited engineering college.
- A master’s degree in business management, preferably MBA is also a requirement.
Engineering Services Manager Salary
An engineering services manager can expect to earn an annual median salary of $1, 18,628. The salary may vary depending upon factors like job profile, type of organisation, skills and qualifications of the candidate.
Category: Management Job Descriptions