Event Manager Job Profile and Description
An event manager is a person who acts on behalf of the management to oversee all aspects of an event. The event manager works behind the scenes, running and supervising to ensure that the event is executed as creatively as possible.
Duties and Responsibilities
Other than managing an event, there are many other manager job duties and responsibilities as described below:
- Studying the best way to carry out the event.
- Identifying the target audience.
- Planning and coordinating all aspects before any can be executed.
- Executing the event.
- Ensuring that the event complies with the local and national safety regulations.
- Drawing up the budget for the all that is needed.
- Negotiating for low prices on behalf of the client.
- Hiring any necessary staff and equipment.
- Catering for each client’s needs.
- Handling all the money and keeping a record of the expenses.
Skills and Specifications
Event manager skills and specifications include:
- Should be good in public relations
- Good communication skills
- Possession of technical knowledge
- Possession of good people management/supervisory skills
- Ability to make sound decisions fast
- Able to work in a team arrangement
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a high paced, high pressure environment
Education and Qualifications
A degree in food service and hospitality management is prerequisite. Many at time people begin from the entry level point and rise up the ranks. Therefore experience is also required.
Category: Hospitality Job Descriptions