Executive Assistant Job Profile and Description
An executive assistant must have a high degree of business sense and a great influencing ability to persuade people in behalf of his boss or the executive. The executive assistant should be able to do less important executive jobs, should know how to manage and handle company projects. He should also be able to carry himself well in business conferences and meetings, as he will be required to represent the executive in important business functions and communications with important people. Aside from these crucial roles of an executive assistant, he must be able to perform less menial tasks such as correspondence management, preparing company communications and research. He must also be able to know his executive well, as he will be deciding which of the listed appointments in a day or week are most appropriate for his executive superior to attend to. The executive assistant in this role is the one allocating the executive’s time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary support personnel to the executive the executive assistant is assigned to.
- Should possess an in depth knowledge of the executive’s taste and preferences to be able to plan his schedule according to his desired order.
- Provide executive support on matters relating to the executive’s chief obligations and mandates.
- Coordination of the executives schedules including internal and outside obligations.
- Arranging meetings and conferences, handling communication and travel arrangements, and processing related functions and documentations.
- Coordination and prioritization of the executives daily appointments and business obligations.
- Call processing. The chief executive should be able to refer incoming calls to the respective employee or department while ensuring that appropriate calls are the only one that goes through to the executive. He should also follow up on communications emanating from his superior’s office or department.
- Works efficiently with administrative assistants, which provide support for the executive employee.
- Comes up with ideas that will streamline work and indentifies incidents that require immediate attention in the organization.
- Performs other related functions delegated or assigned to him in his capacity as an executive assistant.
Category: Administration Job Descriptions