Factory Manager Job Profile and Description
Factory Manager’s job is to supervise plant or factory operations by leading a technical resources team and effectively co-operating with various peer groups within the organization. The other name for factory manager is industrial production manager. A factory manager is responsible for maintaining the accurate quality and quantity control to ensure the on-time delivery of produced products in order to satisfy the customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning production meetings, worker schedules, production activities, machine maintenance plans and maintaining product quality and budgets.
- Planning, formulating, organizing, controlling, and directing production activities.
- Observing the effective maintenance of safety rules and standards in the department by the workers.
- Managing time-lines and work priorities and allocating resources to meet the assigned factory time-lines and goals.
- Ensuring that the product effectively satisfies the quality level ordered by the customer.
- Ensuring the effectual adopting of new programs and policies and providing training in order to meet improved requirements ordered by customers.
- Executing factory manufacturing strategic plan and aligning it with general plant strategy.
- Supervising quality standards and enforcing quality-control programs.
- Collaborating with sales agents, vendors and financial department to ensure the successful run of receiving and shipping schedule.
- Collaborating with other factory managers to find best practices and the best solution.
- Working with contract customers on matters concerned to their product starting from release to final shipment.
- Reviewing the overall performance and identifying training necessities of production personnel.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to work on your own and as a team member.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good time management and planning skills.
- Knowledge of production machinery and techniques.
- Knowledge of engineering drawings.
- Ability to solve complex manufacturing problems.
- Ability to influence and strong accountability.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in technology management industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field from an accredited institution.
Category: Management Job Descriptions