Factory Worker Job Profile and Description
Factory worker is an individual who works in various factories like food and beverage, candy processing, textile process, dairy process, leather industries, pharmaceutical companies and so on. The responsibilities of factory vary depending on the kind of factory they work with. In general, they execute a wide range of activities like candy processing, packaging, operating machines, preserving food, producing pharmaceutical products and so on. A factory worker operates individually or as replaceable member of crew.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collecting raw resources for processing, measuring, mixing, and cooking raw materials.
- Controlling the automated process and temperature for making products.
- Checking the quality of prepared product and documenting the exact results at definite times of production process.
- Operating and maintaining machines, inspecting and packing the final product.
- Cleaning and sterilizing the plant processing area.
- Operating the machinery to produce textiles, washing and blending wool, cloth, or yarn.
- Checking the quality of various products, spinning wool or other fibers.
- Dying or bleaching materials, pressing, stretching or waterproofing materials.
- Mixing and cooking the ingredients of dairy product, molding or shaping the dairy product.
- Monitoring during the maturity time and taking samples of products.
- Testing the samples of dairy product and operating machinery for packaging dairy product.
- Cutting out the parts, sewing, and gluing the pieces together for various products.
- Spraying the leather with finishing treatments or leather dye.
- Attaching plastic, metal or other fittings, cutting out and attaching the linings and straps where needed.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of the products manufactured in the factory.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Ability to understand quality control methods.
- Ability to use various machines and practical skills.
- Good communication skills to deliver valuable teamwork.
- Able to follow and execute instructions.
- Accurate, patient, careful, responsible, and quick and alert.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in any field such as dairy science, technology, textile, pharmaceuticals, etc.
- Secondary level education in Mathematics and English.
Category: Manufacturing Job Descriptions